[blindkid] art class: Danger! (insert irony here)

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:03:44 UTC 2011

Ok Joy you rename of my subject is making me giggle so much.  I like your
idea about a letter. I wonder if I should cc someone higher up in the
National Park service then just the park its self.  I think sometimes being
reminded about issues is never a bad thing.

I walked out of the studio and I had  this horrible horrible  knot in my
gut.  I am so glad I remember to talk with Sam about it.  After we talked in
the car he asked me about an hour later "I don't understand why she said
Abby couldn't take that class"  That mean he thought about it and he saw it
as wrong and in the end of the day that is an important lesson.

I am a pretty reasonable person.

If anyone is wondering we visited Saint-Gaudens Historic Site  Its really
a beautiful historic place about an artist that many people don't know
anymore.   I was reading the accessibility section and they will  let
blind/VI visitor touch some of the artwork with special gloves.  We are
thinking about going back with Abby on Sunday and it would offer
an interesting thing to share her actual experience at the Park.

--
--Penny