[blindkid] Website

Amber Hall ahall238 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 22:19:40 UTC 2011

Thanks for the info., very helpful.

________________________________
From: Richard Holloway <rholloway at gopbc.org>
Sent: Fri, March 25, 2011 4:59:32 PM
Subject: Re: [blindkid] Website

You are correct Carol. Cost varies by feature and just by host (there are
various "brands" of the same basic product. Looks like Godaddy hosts sites from
$1.99 a month now so there are some cheap alternatives to host privately for a
reasonably small site.

The other fee is for the URL, basically the name (like nopbc.org) which is paid
for once a year. That's around $10 per year. The catch there is you have to find
a name that works that nobody else on the planet already has and register it.
Godaddy.com is a good place to do that cheaply as well. Be certain to auto-renew
or risk loosing the name once you're established. You can also pre-pay for up to
around 10 years to reduce the risk with that...

Richard Holloway, Vice President
Georgia Organization of Parents of Blind Children
www.gopbc.org

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/rholloway%40gopbc.org