[blindkid] summer Braille and abacus lessons

Tina Egle tegle at oakton.edu
Fri May 13 14:18:56 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

HELP!!!!

If anyone knows if there is someone who would like to teach Braille
lessons, reading and typing to a 15 year totally blind 9th grader who is
reading at 3rd grade level in Illinois Northwest Surburb area (we live in
Glenview but work in Mount Prospect,Illinois) and to give 4 to 6 hours
lesson times per week, please send me your e mail and we can write our
phone # to contact. He did not get any Braille lessons in his public
school when he was at 3rd grade to 7th grade so he is super behind but
very smart so he is catching up from current vision school but I think if
we gave him intensive braille lessons while school is out, that would give
him to come up to his grade level sooner.

Thanks,

TE