[blindkid] Anyone who is giving away a computer program for literacy?

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Mon May 23 03:32:55 UTC 2011

Hello Tina,
The information I have pasted may be helpful to get you a computer and
some software. Also, GW Micro has a payment plan by which you can pay
off your Window-eyes screen-reader over time. This may be a viable
method of purchasing a screen-reader which comes with the guarantee of
technical support  from highly qualified, extremely helpful technicians.
Of course, your child may be able to use the free screen-readers which
have already been mentioned. Happy equipment hunting.

Warmest regards,
Heather Field
Computers for the Blind
Here is your chance to have a powerful computer with software
allowing blind and visually challenged persons to be able to join
family and friends, doing what they are doing.
Each computer comes complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers,
and all associated cables. It also comes with preloaded software.
Software includes: Open Office for word processing/book keeping, NVDA
screen reader, demo version of Window-Eyes (will function for 30
minutes before computer restart), and 60 day demo version of ZoomText.
For only a donation of $100, the Texas Center for the Visually
Challenged will send your new computer right to your door. As of this
morning, they have sent over 3,600 computers to visually impaired
individuals. Computers can only be shipped to the United States or
Canada.
Subscribe to the internet service of your choice and send a $100 gift
and you are ready to go!
Call Lee Mann at 214 340 6328 for full information. Please pass this
information on to other people who may need an inexpensive, fully
accessible computer.