[blindkid] Fw: Playing by Ear

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Oct 3 20:24:12 UTC 2011

Probably most of us on this list get it that blindness need not be
isolating.  That unfortunate comment by the author aside, I find the article
about these audio-mapping games to be very interesting.  It seems of a piece
with Tim Cordes's article in the Summer 2011 Future Reflections about his
audio system for diagramming complex molecules.  Highly sophisticated
systems for creating audio files are available, and there may be very useful
ways to harness this technology so that blind kids will be able to create
and have access to more maps, diagrams, and pictures.  The need is great and
we need to look into all of the possibilities.

Debbie