[blindkid] Green canes for low vission people?

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 15 23:22:06 UTC 2011

A while back I saw a few long white NFB canes with green handles & when I
inquired I was told that they were originally used to signify low vision,
but I have not seen them since. In the US there are different canes
choices, all white versus white with red bottom, but this is individual
choice & not based on degree of vision.
As an aside, I have spent about 5 months in Argentina & loved my time
there. In fact the best Lithuanian food I have ever eaten was in Argentina
:-)
Sincerely,
Eric