[blindkid] [Bulk] a mini vent about a summer program.

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:25:21 UTC 2011

I would love to send her do buddy camp.   I got the school district to pay
for her program at Perkins I just don't know if they would pay for buddy
camp but I imagine she would get a lot from it.  We don't have a commission
in NH.  School age is done through the department of education.  I guess if
I could convence them to pay the almost 3000 dollars for the Perkins School
I  can find a way to have see the buddy program as valuable. I just worry
she is too young.  I would miss her so much.  She may never want to come
home.

She actually only had her NFB long cane for a few weeks when she went away.
    Her TVI did a great extend school year program with her three students
for three weeks.   She made it fun but educational.  There are three blind
students in our district.  Three elementary aged girls.  I really hope they
do that again next year.

--
--Penny