[blindkid] reasonable reading speed target for IEP?

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:34:47 UTC 2011

Hi Lynda,

There are a lot of  parents on this list who can attest to the fact that
braille readers can read as fast if not faster than their sighted peers.
You are so right to push your son AND the school!

This article has information on reading rates:
http://www.prel.org/products/re_/assessing-fluency.htm

Good luck.

Sally Thomas