[blindkid] Victor Reader Stream Question

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Fri Sep 23 04:39:11 UTC 2011

Are there any Victor Reader Stream users here who might be able to explain to me the file structure for putting items into sub-folders to group them? (Offline would be fine.)

We have VR bookshelves with hundreds of items coming up in a single list despite being grouped into sub-folders. I'm still waiting on a response from Humanware, and I suspect there is something simple we're not doing. I have tried starting the sub-folder names with $VR like the parent folders and that is no help. I think the VR Streams have some great capacities, but I have always found organizing files on them to be awkward.

The manual says you can use sub-folders on most bookshelves. Am I misunderstanding something? Should not sub-folders content appear in a separate sub-list or group for a given bookshelf? (What would be the point otherwise?)  No matter the level of the file, we're finding them all in the same bookshelf list. These groups are just too much to manage in a single list!

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Maybe there is a VR forum somewhere?