[blindkid] What are your thoughts on coloring?

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 19:39:18 UTC 2011

My daughter has light perception in one eye and no vision at all in the other, she now is 12. When she was in preschool she liked coloring and painting, not because she was told, but because she enjoyed it. She had braille lessons, and a Perkins which she had a hard time using since she was so tiny from being so premature, and had no strength to push the keys, we knew this was a matter of time. As she grew, she got stronger and could use the Perkins with no trouble, now she has a BrailleNote which takes no strength to type. I don't quite get the point of making him color if he does not like it, I would find out if working with play dough would be an option for him, if the point is to strengthen his fingers.

Good luck

Heidi