[blindkid] teacher gifts

Britta ijinxu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 27 21:52:12 UTC 2012

A desk name plate in "Braille". The dots can be made with puff paint.  I think that almost any homemade gift would be treasured, just as you treasure those that your child made for you.

I have seen plastic molds for chocolate or homemade soap on ebay that have messages in Braille. They aren't very expensive and can be used over and over.

There is a type of candy that you may have seen that are colored dots stuck to a roll of paper. The dots are just like a Braille cell. You can carefully remove the dots to make a message. The dots can spell "For You" or some cute message.
Make bookmarks brailled with inspirational quotes, especially by people with visual impairments. I used old calendars (the APH calendars are great) because the paper is stiff enough to braille and to be an efficient bookmark.
Here is a link to a website that sells braille jewelry this link pasted below is for a teacher's necklace
http://jewelryinbraille.com/teachers.html.

Good luck with your gift,Britta