[blindkid] rocking

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 14:12:51 UTC 2012

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions or your feedback on how to help my daughter to stop rocking. She is gotten a lot better, but as some of you may know, when she gets excited or really into something she will do it without realizing it. I'm thinking we are missing something, because just reminding her does not do it. I've heard about the vestibular stimulation rocking will do for a blind person, but her OT and her PT have never worked with a blind child and they do not seem to have an answer. She is 12 and soon to be 13, she is blind from ROP.

Any information will be appreciated.

Heidi