[blindkid] rocking

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Mon Apr 30 20:28:29 UTC 2012

I've an idea.  Since he is so young, what about some of those therapy balls
that are soft and squishy?  See if it's wanting to poke his fingers into
something.  Some of them even have balls in them to poke your fingers along.
Eyeglasses have been suggested.  Obviously, he can live without it if he
stops for a while.  Think about what you might be doing different when it
quits.  Do you stop commenting about what he is doing?  Stuff like that.  If
you stopped doing something because the behavior had seemed to become
extinct, do whatever you did before to get it back down again.
If he wants something to stimulate him in the eye area, maybe try a heat
pack or cold pack.  (Act like they must hurt so want to give something to
aid it.)
Just some out-of-the-box ideas that no one has suggested yet.
Barbara

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -- Carl Sandburg