[blindkid] Resource

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 12:35:44 UTC 2012

I found this a very interesting read, to know that there is so much support out
there for all the kids. I thought you may also find it of interest and may pass
it on to someone else.

 I access disability support services at the school. The school is obligated to
provide accommodations to help her with daily living and school. There is
probably a disability support office and she is likely already registered. There
are many on line resources and places to get info. One good site is
NICHCY: http://nichcy.org/ You can search on "transition" to read about how to
help students move from high school to college, or from school to adulthood.

Diane

Diane Haager, Ph.D.
Professor
Division of Special Education and Counseling
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
(323) 343-6158 Office
(323) 343-5605 Fax