[blindkid] 1st grader can't see the board

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 20:12:15 UTC 2012

Hi Leah,

It sounds as if you are looking for ways to make things accessible
for him.  Are you also looking for ways to make the school do what
needs to be done?  Are any of these access issues addressed in his IEP?

Your son sounds as if he'll be a dual media learner--using braille to
read and making use of his vision to look at pictures, etc.  Is there
a plan in place for both the teaching and the USE of braille in the
classroom and at home?

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ