[blindkid] Suggestions for keeping a child from injuring his owneyes

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Wed Feb 15 19:39:06 UTC 2012

I sure wish I'd had an answer for this question a few years ago.  We think
one of ours has lost all or most of his vision, too, from this same
behavior.
I get the whole "seeing bright lights" when you poke your eye, but why do
some of us poke eyes and some don't?  I'll admit it can be a soothing
behavior.
Our other one has never been an eye poker so he leaves conformers in his
eyes.  When the poker would leave his conformers in, he didn't poke near as
much as he does without them.
Barbara

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -- Carl Sandburg