[blindkid] Keeping a Child from Injuring his Own Eyes

Phouka Phouka at kc.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 22:51:34 UTC 2012

I am glad that I haven't had to deal with this-my heart definitely goes out
to those that do.  I wondered if maybe goggles would work, like the ones we
used to use in Chemistry class, or, if the kiddo's not wearing glasses, cool
non-prescription glasses or sunglasses?  I know my glasses have kept me from
getting poked in the eye more than once, and I've seen my son's glasses keep
him from getting conked in the eye quite a few times as well.  Eddie has
sunglasses that my mom found at a store that are basically glasses with a
soft, Velcro-adjustable strap that goes around his head.  Maybe something
like that would work, so there'd be a shield to keep them from actually
getting to the eyeball itself?

Also-what's a conformer?  It sounds similar to a hard contact lens, but I'm
wondering if I'm reading that right?

Follow our adventures at http://peanutandphouka.wordpress.com

Join Eddie's Entourage for the 2012 Trolley Run!  Learn more at
http://trolleyrun.kintera.org/eddiesentourage

Need magazines?  Jewelry?  Outrageously expensive cookie dough?  Check out
http://www.efundraisingonline.com/eddiesentourage