[blindkid] braille conversion

Rosina Solano colemangirly at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 16:17:20 UTC 2012

Okay, this is going to sound a little odd but here goes.

I am looking for an online text to braille converter.  I have found several that will let me type in a word and it will show me what the braille output should be, however, it is all grade 1 braille.  This I can do myself.  When it comes to grade 2 it gets a little shaky.  I do have a chart with all the contractions and have done some of the levels to learn it, but I am not sure enough of my skill with all the rules.

I am making something that will have braille on it that will be going out all over and I do NOT want it to be incorrect.  This is for a new parents group in Missouri and I really want it to be right.  I could do grade 1, but really prefer to have grade 2.  It is simple one word inspirations.  Some of them have no contractions but some do like "ar" "th" "ea" and some have multiples and thats where it gets tricky.  I can't remember which ones to use when there are more than one and they overlap each other.

I only have about 20 words so can't justify getting duxbury for it.  Anyone have any ideas?

Hopeful
Rosina