[blindkid] Regarding psychological help upon diagnosis of blindness?

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:40:18 UTC 2012

HI guys, especially parents of blind children. What have been your
experiences upon your child's blindness diagnosis in the hospital in where
when receiving the diagnosis was a psychologist available on hand to work
through the grieving process? Did you guys have a chance to get into some
kind of group therapy in which the individual psychological process
complements where upon sharing with the group members, and vice versa, may
have helped you guys cope better with the process? If none of this was
available, would you have liked to have on hand especially a blind person
from which you could have learned live what the potencials are, or maybe
that the doctor or psychologist in the hospital would have given you guys
info on the NFB? All info is handy and will help me better in my endeavor.

Gerardo