[blindkid] Tune in and Call in: Hadley Seminar Online Interview on Dancing Dots, Thursday, Jan. 19 [cross-posted]

Bill billlist1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 16:55:44 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I invite you to listen in to our live interview tomorrow.  I would
particularly appreciate it if some of you, our customers and friends, would
call in to share your experiences with using our technology and the
difference using it has made in your work, education and leisure pursuits.

You can read more and register for this free online seminar at:
http://www.hadley.edu/seminardetails.asp?sid=112

Here's a bit of the blurb promoting it:

***

Braille Music Technology

 Date: Thursday, January 19
Time: 10:00 AM CST, 16:00 GMT

"How do blind and low vision people read and write music? Isn't that braille
music code impossibly hard to learn? How can blind producers make great
sounding records independently? How can blind and low vision people
participate in music groups with sighted musicians? Can I read magnified
music notation while I play my instrument?"

"To learn the answers to these and related questions, you are invited to
attend a Hadley seminar presentation given by Bill McCann, founder and
president of Dancing DotsR. McCann will share some of his background as a
musician turned programmer, turned entrepreneur. For almost two decades now,
his company has thrived in the tiny niche market where music meets
technology for the blind..."
Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann