[blindkid] Parent Teacher Conference

Denise Mackenstadt cane.travel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:16:17 UTC 2012

OOPS! Thanks to Janet Kurz for catching my mistake.  I had the wrong dates on the announcement.  Here is a corrected version.

NATURE OF INDEPENDENCE
Independent Travel and the Blind Child
2012 PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE
April 13 and 14, 2012
Washington State School for the Blind

Our independence comes from within. A slave can have keen eyesight, excellent mobility, and superb reading skills—and still be a slave. We are achieving freedom and independence in the only way that really counts—in rising self-respect, growing self-confidence, and the will and the ability to make choices. Above all, independence means choices, and the power to make those choices stick.
Kenneth Jernigan

Sponsored by the National Federation of the Bllnd of Washington, the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon, the Washington State School for the Blind and by the Imagination Fund of the Jernigan Institute on Blindness Research and Training

THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF INDEPENDENT MOVEMENT FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED CHILDREN
PARENTS AS THE FIRST MOVEMENT INSTRUCTOR FOR THEIR CHILDREN
BEST PRACTICES IN THE INSTRUCTION OF ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY FOR BLIND CHILDREN
INCLUDING THE TEACHER OF THE BLIND IN THE PRACTICE OF ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY SKILLS
CONCURRENT SEMINAR FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED YOUTH
MINI SEMINAR ON STRUCTURED DISCOVERY CANE TRAVEL INSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES

Hear from practitioners in the field of orientation and mobility, parents of blind children and successful blind adults.

Registration Information will be forthcoming soon.  Keep the dates.

For further information contact Denise Mackenstadt at (206)419-9555 or cane.travel at gmail.com or Carla McQuillan at (541)726-6924 or admin at mainstreetmontessory.org

Denise Mackenstadt, NOMC
Mackenstadt Rehab Services
(206)419-9555