[blindkid] accessible watche any recommendations?

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 19:45:46 UTC 2012

Hi Penny,
I would recommend a braille watch. Listening is one modality. When listening
is split between the teacher and a talking watch a person will automatically
focus/attend more to one element of the heard information and less to
another. There is no guarantee that a child will not miss important
information while listening to a talking watch. It just takes missing a
teacher's "don't copy" or "under that write" and the child has missed the
instruction.

I always recommend a braille watch. I have even met a number of low vision
people who use a braille watch though they aren't braille users because it's
quiet and inconspicuous and doesn't distract from what they're listening to.

Just my two cents worth.
Regards,
Heather Field