[blindkid] From a crib to a bed?

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:43:18 UTC 2012

Sarah a toddler bed and a crib is almost the same same size. Toddler beds
are closer to the floor and the child can get in and out of the bed. You
could look into a a twin bed and get a bed rail for it. That is what I
would do with both my than sighted children at two if I was concerned they
would fall out of bed. I don't remember that far back.   Does she fall out
of beds often?  She may be fine. Not sure if its a blindness thing and just
every kid is different kind of thing.  As a step first you could start with
the mattress on the floor but my kids would have ended up on the floor
anyways.  I was reminded this past week at convention that I know nothing
about blind babies.

--Penny
My Blog - visionfora.blogspot.com

NH Parents of Blind Children http://www.nhpobc.org/