[blindkid] Board Games for Kids

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 22 22:15:41 UTC 2012

I have Brailed many decks of cards using a Perkins. I also Brailed apples to Apples using a Perkins Brailler. I did not Braille
everything that was on the Apples to Apples cards, just the name on each card. My dad used hot glue to adapt a Clue game for me when
I was younger. My husband and I also have checkers, chess, Dominos, tic tac toe, Scrabble, and Monopoly. Most of these would not
work for a small child but might work in a couple of years. Often times, you can fit one or two words on a card, the essentials or
enough information to play the game without being bound to make everything on the card be present in Braille. I hope this helps.

Terri Wilcox