[blindkid] psych tests

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 22:29:11 UTC 2012

Barbara,

You may have researched all this already, but
here are a few links that lead to at least
discussion of the issues involved in such
testing, which maybe will convince the testers
not to underestimate him.  I did not read all of
them and so cannot whether I think they're good.

<http://www.tsbvi.edu/instructional-resources/122-psychological-testing-of-blind-and-visually-impaired-children>http://www.tsbvi.edu/instructional-resources/122-psychological-testing-of-blind-and-visually-impaired-children

http://www.aph.org/tests/intelligencetesting.html

<http://www.perkins.org/resources/scout/students-with-multiple-disabilities/educational-assessment.html>http://www.perkins.org/resources/scout/students-with-multiple-disabilities/educational-assessment.html

This next one leads to a book excerpt on Google:

<http://books.google.com/books?id=OiKau0aqtsYC&pg=PT310&lpg=PT310&dq=psychological+testing+blind&source=bl&ots=wYXh6h1WbH&sig=PnXq7Hvcp6LU0mYKeZrX3cuMLwU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JiFVT-amJe6N0QG6lI28DQ&ved=0CFwQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=psychological%20testing%20blind&f=false>http://books.google.com/books?id=OiKau0aqtsYC&pg=PT310&lpg=PT310&dq=psychological+testing+blind&source=bl&ots=wYXh6h1WbH&sig=PnXq7Hvcp6LU0mYKeZrX3cuMLwU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JiFVT-amJe6N0QG6lI28DQ&ved=0CFwQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=psychological%20testing%20blind&f=false

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Director of Programs