[blindkid] Keyboard question and THANK YOU

L lburns24 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 15:42:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,
When teaching keyboarding skills or just beginning to learn the computer keyboard, should they memorize where the letters are or is it okay to put the braille stickers on each letter of the keyboard? Any input on beginning keyboarding skills and/or games to play and practice would be wonderful as well.  Thanks, Laurie Wages

PS THANK YOU for all your help with the gifted testing question I asked a few weeks ago.  I went armed with information, they just weren't sure what test to give Hannah.  The special education director even informed the school staff of a few "mistakes" they had made when telling me certain things!  We all sat together and chose the test and she is being tested this week.  Now we will see what happens with results, but so far, so good.  I don't answer a lot of questions on this listserv because I am still learning so much, but it is so wonderful that you all take the time to read these and answer and help the parents!  I hope in the future I can help others as well!  Thank you again!  Laurie