[blindkid] Braille note

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:42:59 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

IEP season... oh, yay!! :) I am going to be making a request for my son
having a Braille notetaker (MPower or other) to bring home. I'm convinced
that having it at home will support his Braille acquisition considerably.
He's in 3rd grade now and this would be for his 4th grade year. I'm
wondering at what age/grade kids have gotten Braille notetakers for home
and school use, and whether it was provided by the school or from some
other agency (or from you), and what have been benefits of having it at
home?

Thank you so much for any input on this question.

:) Carolynn Barnes