[blindkid] rocking

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Tue May 1 00:55:53 UTC 2012

As I understand it, a fair amount of interesting sensation can come from the eye pressing so it can be a real battle. I know of blind adults who still fight that urge too. Glasses tend to help as a reminder when kids forget, but determined kids certainly will reach under.

My best suggestion would then be to redirect and distract with something which is not so harmful that he likes as well or better than the stimulation from the poking. (Talking about it may actually make him want to do it more..)

Sent from my iPad