[blindkid] apple netbooks

David Thomas david.w.thomas at me.com
Mon May 21 22:18:17 UTC 2012

the mac book air is grate but there is one problem with it. If you want it to run well with voice over you have to get the one with 4 Gigabytes of ram and Apple makes you go to the 13 inch screen. This adds weight and cost. If you get the mac book air with 4 gigabytes of ram you might as well go to the mac book pro 13 inch. With the mac book pro you get much more hard drive space and 4 gigabytes of ram out of the gate. Yes it is a little heavier but still nice and light.
Ask the school if they can put a mac on the network. If they can't a mac would be a non starter. Yes I am careful with my tech but still me being a kid and going on buses with it you will at some point run into trouble. What ever the way it goes I am happy giving tips on how to use jaws or voice over.