[blindkid] webinar on vision -- please help

Doreen Franklin doreenproverbs3 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 2 12:06:22 UTC 2012

Good morning all,

I am presenting a free webinar on vision "20/20 Hindsight .... Clearing the air on vision" on Tuesday, Nov 6 from 10-12. This is basic information on the eye function, prevalence in children, help in school and at home as well as a brief intro to Braille and cane. There are numerous resources listed that can help families as well as professionals. I am presenting this webinar as V President of FOPBC and I was hoping to have your help.

Please join the webinar and ask your questions, even though you know the answers. More than half of the attendees that have already signed up are school/district personnel. This would be a great intro for these staff persons! I will be on the phone as long as there are questions coming in. (I also work for one of the parent training information centers in FL and we help parents who have children of all disabilities learn about the IDEA law and how to advocate for their child).

Please also feel free to forward this to other families or professionals who could benefit from the webinar. If you would like me to forward the flyer to you with just the webinar info, please send me an email and I will send it (without all this info above).

I really appreciate your help!! This will be beneficial for all who attend!

Have a wonderful day!

Doreen Franklin
V President
FOPBC / NFB-FL