[blindkid] white cane on school bus

Margaret Moore pinchnmom at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 16:35:11 UTC 2012

Wouldn't the white cane law cover that?

________________________________
From: Mark Feliz <mafeliz0641 at gmail.com>
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:59 AM
Subject: [blindkid] white cane on school bus

I have just been made aware of a situation where a blind elementary
student was not aloud to take her cane onboard a school bus. I am
quite sure this is special ed transportation. The driver stated that
it would be unsafe for the other students. Of course this is illegal
on so many levels but is there any legislation some one can direct me
to that I can quickly pull down and give to this student's mother?

Thanks