[blindkid] question about possible symptoms

Lynda Zwinger lyndaz918 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 16:48:30 UTC 2013

Good morning everyone,

I'm writing to ask if anyone recognizes some symptoms my son has been
having.  We do have him lined up with three doctors (and counting, lol),
but parents have always been my "go-to" when I need to start figuring
things out.

My 14-year old (yikes! how did that happen?) son's blindness is of unknown
origin, though we do know he has glaucoma (he's taking drops for it). He
has significant corneal scarring (also unknown origin) and some physical
anomalies in the part of the eyes that his doctors have been able to look
at (the scarring is an obstruction).

He's had two episodes now, very brief ones a couple of weeks apart, of:
sharp pain in one eye (his "good" one which has a little sight) accompanied
by a very brief blackout of vision (like when you stand up too suddenly
sometimes--but he hasn't been changing positions in either episode), and
mild dizziness. No headache.

I'm not one to worry over every little thing, and this may be one of those,
but it's twice now, so I'm on the scent.

Is this kind of thing familiar to anyone?

thanks very much,
Lynda