[blindkid] Victory in an NJ Town

Carol Castellano carol_castellano at verizon.net
Mon Apr 8 18:02:37 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just got home from an IEP meeting in a town in New Jersey.  We're
feeling pretty good because the school agreed to Braille!  We didn't
even have to take out the big--Hank Miller case--guns!  It took
almost two years to get them to put the program together, but the
student is now learning how to type, how to use a computer with
speech, how to take notes and direct a human reader, and now will
begin to learn Braille!

We, the mom and I, are exhausted but happy :-).

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ
Director of Programs