[blindkid] Ohio Services

Kim Gulf Images kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Mon Apr 8 23:39:17 UTC 2013

Cheryl,
The NFB has a new reading assessment called the National Reading Media Assessment. Here is the link http://www.nfbnrma.org/
You can ask your school district for this assessment. It is my guess the assessment will surely show the need for Braille. It is ridiculous to think a child can complete homework visually reading at 98 pt font. The assessment is cut and dry as to whether a child should be a Braille reader. There is even a parents portion of the assessment.
I think there is a general rule that a child requires about an hour a day for Braille instruction and one hour per week of O&M services.
Hope some of this helps!

Kim Cunningham

Sent from my iPad