[blindkid] help, unsubscribe

Meredith Wilson msbrown000 at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 14:11:36 UTC 2013


On Dec 12, 2013, at 7:00 AM, blindkid-request at nfbnet.org wrote:

> Send blindkid mailing list submissions to
> 	blindkid at nfbnet.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	blindkid-request at nfbnet.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	blindkid-owner at nfbnet.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of blindkid digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Re: 6 yr old having trouble staying focused while reading
>      (Chantel Alberhasky)
>   2. Science camp (hpscheffer at aol.com)
>   3. Re: Science camp (Dr. Denise M Robinson)
>   4. Re: Science camp (hpscheffer at aol.com)
>   5. Re: Science camp (Lydia Anne Schuck)
>   6. Airline Transportation Access Conference (Albert J Rizzi)
>   7. Re: Science camp (Dr. Denise M Robinson)
>   8. Re: Science camp (Dr. Denise M Robinson)
>   9. Fwd: [Nfbmn-news] New Executive Director of BLIND Inc.
>      (David Andrews)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 05:44:51 -0800 (PST)
> From: Chantel Alberhasky <chantel at alberhaskylaw.com>
> To: "Blind Kid Mailing List,	\(for parents of blind children\)"
> 	<blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] 6 yr old having trouble staying focused while
> 	reading
> Message-ID:
> 	<1386769491.14809.YahooMailNeo at web2801.biz.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> 
> If you think the behaviors are interfering with her ability to learn, then I would request a functional behavior analysis be conducted so a positive behavior intervention plan can be written. ?Has she been evaluated for ADHD? ?
> 
> ? ?
> Chantel L. Alberhasky, Esq
> 419 Boonville Avenue
> Springfield, MO 65806
> 417.865.4444
> 
> The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri attorneys 
> to?notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a
> secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or 
> by?you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it
> goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our
> communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing
> your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to 
> either?of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via
> e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this
> medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be
> sent in a different fashion, please let me know AT ONCE.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:13:45 -0500 (EST)
> From: hpscheffer at aol.com
> To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
> Subject: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID: <8D0C49256B9273E-1370-6CB4 at webmail-vd008.sysops.aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but no resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions and I don't want to miss that again.
> Thanks
> Heidi
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:38:58 -0500
> From: "Dr. Denise M Robinson" <deniserob at gmail.com>
> To: "Blind Kid Mailing List,	(for parents of blind children)"
> 	<blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAAxsd_4=H47em4bn0qoE7CSX-_fYVFO3MyAuHB_LPJ4S5JjBVQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> Here is one of the best I have ever attended with many many blind students
> 
> Hello All,
> 
> I am very excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for students
> throughout the world.  In cooperation with Space Camp and SCIVIS, the St.
> Louis Lighthouse for the Blind is offering full scholarships and
> transportation assistance to children of unique cultural diversity to
> attend SCIVIS 2014.
> The link below will give you the details of the scholarship program.
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/lighthouse.htm
> 
> 
> 
> Please send this out to all of your listserves and fellow professionals
> around the world.  SCIVIS 2014, our 25th Anniversary, should prove to be an
> exciting year!
> 
> 
> 
> Dan Oates, Coordinator
> 
> Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS)
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space
> 
> mobile:  (304) 851-5680
> 
> 
> 
> SCIVIS videos are on You Tube!
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiINS7NS6YE
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AaCnDvHRQ
> 
> 
> 
> "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --
> Plutarch
> 
> 
> 
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
> 
>> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps
>> offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but no
>> resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the
>> blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp
>> that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions and
>> I don't want to miss that again.
>> Thanks
>> Heidi
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> *Dr Denise*
> 
> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
> CEO, TechVision, LLC
> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
> Private training to your needs
> 423-573-6413
> 
> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
> 
> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
> imagination.
> --Albert Einstein
> 
> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
> --Walt Disney
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:44:25 -0500 (EST)
> From: hpscheffer at aol.com
> To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID: <8D0C4969EE851A0-1370-7002 at webmail-vd008.sysops.aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> This is great Denise, but the dates are almost impossible since school here starts mid August, that was the case last year too. 
> Heidi
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dr. Denise M Robinson <deniserob at gmail.com>
> To: Blind Kid Mailing List, (for parents of blind children) <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Sent: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 9:40 am
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> 
> 
> Here is one of the best I have ever attended with many many blind students
> 
> Hello All,
> 
> I am very excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for students
> throughout the world.  In cooperation with Space Camp and SCIVIS, the St.
> Louis Lighthouse for the Blind is offering full scholarships and
> transportation assistance to children of unique cultural diversity to
> attend SCIVIS 2014.
> The link below will give you the details of the scholarship program.
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/lighthouse.htm
> 
> 
> 
> Please send this out to all of your listserves and fellow professionals
> around the world.  SCIVIS 2014, our 25th Anniversary, should prove to be an
> exciting year!
> 
> 
> 
> Dan Oates, Coordinator
> 
> Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS)
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space
> 
> mobile:  (304) 851-5680
> 
> 
> 
> SCIVIS videos are on You Tube!
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiINS7NS6YE
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AaCnDvHRQ
> 
> 
> 
> "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --
> Plutarch
> 
> 
> 
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
> 
>> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps
>> offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but no
>> resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the
>> blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp
>> that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions and
>> I don't want to miss that again.
>> Thanks
>> Heidi
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> *Dr Denise*
> 
> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
> CEO, TechVision, LLC
> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
> Private training to your needs
> 423-573-6413
> 
> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
> 
> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
> imagination.
> --Albert Einstein
> 
> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
> --Walt Disney
> _______________________________________________
> blindkid mailing list
> blindkid at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for blindkid:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/hpscheffer%40aol.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:45:22 -0500 (EST)
> From: Lydia Anne Schuck <lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu>
> To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID: <703973147.1593225.1386773122760.JavaMail.root at wmich.edu>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
> 
> What kind of cultural diversity is unique enough? This is an unusual way to describe the scholarships.  Lydia Schuck
> *******************************************************************************
> Posted by Denise
> Here is one of the best I have ever attended with many many blind students
> 
> Hello All,
> 
> I am very excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for students
> throughout the world.  In cooperation with Space Camp and SCIVIS, the St.
> Louis Lighthouse for the Blind is offering full scholarships and
> transportation assistance to children of unique cultural diversity to
> attend SCIVIS 2014.
> The link below will give you the details of the scholarship program.
> 
> 
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/lighthouse.htm
> 
> 
> 
> Please send this out to all of your listserves and fellow professionals
> around the world.  SCIVIS 2014, our 25th Anniversary, should prove to be an
> exciting year!
> 
> 
> 
> Dan Oates, Coordinator
> 
> Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS)
> 
> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space
> 
> mobile:  (304) 851-5680
> 
> 
> 
> SCIVIS videos are on You Tube!
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiINS7NS6YE
> 
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AaCnDvHRQ
> 
> 
> 
> "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --
> Plutarch
> 
> 
> 
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
> 
>> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps
>> offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but no
>> resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the
>> blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp
>> that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions and
>> I don't want to miss that again.
>> Thanks
>> Heidi
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> *Dr Denise*
> 
> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
> CEO, TechVision, LLC
> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
> Private training to your needs
> 423-573-6413
> 
> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
> 
> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
> imagination.
> --Albert Einstein
> 
> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
> --Walt Disney
> _______________________________________________
> blindkid mailing list
> blindkid at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for blindkid:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/lydia.a.schuck%40wmich.edu
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:51:24 -0500
> From: "Albert J Rizzi" <albert at myblindspot.org>
> To: "'Blind Kid Mailing List,	\(for parents of blind children\)'"
> 	<blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: [blindkid] Airline Transportation Access Conference
> Message-ID: <008b01cef680$77225ab0$65671010$@org>
> Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> My time at the very first Airline Transportation Access Conference was a
> great experience. Yesterday was eye opening to say the least. I cannot let
> any time go by without advising all people of all abilities about a critical
> option to all of us as air travelers. Remember these letters CRO! US Airways
> did not offer one to me, nor did I even know that air travelers had options
> and supports to remediate issues such as the ones I and the other 35
> passengers were subjected to on November 13th by US Airways. CRO stands for
> Conflict Resolutions Officer. The CRRO is charged with amongst other things,
> being able to resolve and remediate issues, that either the traveler or the
> flight crew is confused about. This is a critical support put in place by
> the Department of Transportation. All disabled travelers must, must ask for
> a CRO if and when your access is being denied, compromised or screwed with.
> Additionally, the TSA has what is called a PSS, Passenger Support
> Specialist. The PSS is the go to person to mediate instances where the TSA
> is inappropriately conducting and invasive or intrusive search like people
> with insulin pumps go through, or any other individual traveling with
> medications or various medical apparatus. Not all TSA are properly trained
> or aware of the tools and assistive items the disabled use daily to survive
> and thrive, but the PSS should.
> 
> This conference was very, very eye opening.
> 
> 
> Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
> Founder and CEO
> My Blind Spot, Inc.
> 90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.
> New York, New York? 10004
> www.myblindspot.org
> PH:?917-553-0347
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it."
> ?
> Like Us on Facebook ?LinkedIn ?Twitter
> ?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:52:59 -0500
> From: "Dr. Denise M Robinson" <deniserob at gmail.com>
> To: "Blind Kid Mailing List,	(for parents of blind children)"
> 	<blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAAxsd_6XRn9XojaEs73WTx0BnnyYx1hx4OaKU6sBAJrDq7xLJA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> That is correct, so people have to decide if it is worth it...so far, it
> has been very worth it with students. They work ahead and then do catch up
> what they did not do before they left school...this is all true.
> 
> 
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
> 
>> This is great Denise, but the dates are almost impossible since school
>> here starts mid August, that was the case last year too.
>> Heidi
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Dr. Denise M Robinson <deniserob at gmail.com>
>> To: Blind Kid Mailing List, (for parents of blind children) <
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org>
>> Sent: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 9:40 am
>> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
>> 
>> 
>> Here is one of the best I have ever attended with many many blind students
>> 
>> Hello All,
>> 
>> I am very excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for students
>> throughout the world.  In cooperation with Space Camp and SCIVIS, the St.
>> Louis Lighthouse for the Blind is offering full scholarships and
>> transportation assistance to children of unique cultural diversity to
>> attend SCIVIS 2014.
>> The link below will give you the details of the scholarship program.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/lighthouse.htm
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Please send this out to all of your listserves and fellow professionals
>> around the world.  SCIVIS 2014, our 25th Anniversary, should prove to be an
>> exciting year!
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Dan Oates, Coordinator
>> 
>> Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS)
>> 
>> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space
>> 
>> mobile:  (304) 851-5680
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> SCIVIS videos are on You Tube!
>> 
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiINS7NS6YE
>> 
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AaCnDvHRQ
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --
>> Plutarch
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps
>>> offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but
>> no
>>> resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the
>>> blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp
>>> that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions
>> and
>>> I don't want to miss that again.
>>> Thanks
>>> Heidi
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> blindkid mailing list
>>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>>> blindkid:
>>> 
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> *Dr Denise*
>> 
>> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
>> CEO, TechVision, LLC
>> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
>> Private training to your needs
>> 423-573-6413
>> 
>> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
>> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
>> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
>> 
>> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
>> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
>> 
>> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
>> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
>> imagination.
>> --Albert Einstein
>> 
>> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
>> --Walt Disney
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/hpscheffer%40aol.com
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> *Dr Denise*
> 
> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
> CEO, TechVision, LLC
> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
> Private training to your needs
> 423-573-6413
> 
> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
> 
> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
> imagination.
> --Albert Einstein
> 
> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
> --Walt Disney
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:54:32 -0500
> From: "Dr. Denise M Robinson" <deniserob at gmail.com>
> To: "Blind Kid Mailing List,	(for parents of blind children)"
> 	<blindkid at nfbnet.org>
> Subject: Re: [blindkid] Science camp
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAAxsd_45YDDTmgAHm=0DAtW4w8qoT=YSKwJnQ2+H3zDO3o6TFg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> They are saying that people from all over the world come to this camp so
> kids meet people from all over the world...that is the unique diversity
> they are talking about.
> 
> 
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Lydia Anne Schuck <lydia.a.schuck at wmich.edu
>> wrote:
> 
>> What kind of cultural diversity is unique enough? This is an unusual way
>> to describe the scholarships.  Lydia Schuck
>> 
>> *******************************************************************************
>> Posted by Denise
>> Here is one of the best I have ever attended with many many blind students
>> 
>> Hello All,
>> 
>> I am very excited to tell you about this amazing opportunity for students
>> throughout the world.  In cooperation with Space Camp and SCIVIS, the St.
>> Louis Lighthouse for the Blind is offering full scholarships and
>> transportation assistance to children of unique cultural diversity to
>> attend SCIVIS 2014.
>> The link below will give you the details of the scholarship program.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space/lighthouse.htm
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Please send this out to all of your listserves and fellow professionals
>> around the world.  SCIVIS 2014, our 25th Anniversary, should prove to be an
>> exciting year!
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Dan Oates, Coordinator
>> 
>> Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS)
>> 
>> http://www.tsbvi.edu/space
>> 
>> mobile:  (304) 851-5680
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> SCIVIS videos are on You Tube!
>> 
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiINS7NS6YE
>> 
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AaCnDvHRQ
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled." --
>> Plutarch
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <hpscheffer at aol.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Does anyone know about where to go to find the science summer camps
>>> offered I believe it was in Maryland. I looked all over the NFB site but
>> no
>>> resources that are updated there, and no info or updated info on the
>>> blindscience.org site either.  I know years ago there was a week camp
>>> that was held may be in Baltimore? there are deadlines for inscriptions
>> and
>>> I don't want to miss that again.
>>> Thanks
>>> Heidi
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> blindkid mailing list
>>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>>> blindkid:
>>> 
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> *Dr Denise*
>> 
>> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
>> CEO, TechVision, LLC
>> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
>> Private training to your needs
>> 423-573-6413
>> 
>> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
>> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
>> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
>> 
>> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
>> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
>> 
>> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
>> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
>> imagination.
>> --Albert Einstein
>> 
>> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
>> --Walt Disney
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> 
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/lydia.a.schuck%40wmich.edu
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> blindkid mailing list
>> blindkid at nfbnet.org
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
>> blindkid:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindkid_nfbnet.org/deniserob%40gmail.com
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> *Dr Denise*
> 
> Denise M. Robinson, TVI, Ph.D.
> CEO, TechVision, LLC
> Specialist in Technology/Training/Teaching for blind/low vision
> Private training to your needs
> 423-573-6413
> 
> Website with hundreds of informational articles & lessons on PC, Office
> products, Mac, iPad/iTools and more, all done with
> keystrokes: www.yourtechvision.com
> 
> "The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is
> doing it." --Chinese Proverb
> 
> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
> imagination.
> --Albert Einstein
> 
> It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
> --Walt Disney
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 9
> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:50:07 -0600
> From: David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>
> To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
> Subject: [blindkid] Fwd: [Nfbmn-news] New Executive Director of BLIND
> 	Inc.
> Message-ID: <auto-000135636241 at mailfront3.g2host.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
> 
> 
>> 
>> Dear Minnesota Federationists:
>> 
>> I am pleased to be able to let you know that Dan Wenzel has accepted
>> the position of Executive Director of BLIND, Inc.  Dan is a long-time
>> Federationist who served for several years as the state president in
>> Wisconsin and also as a member of our NFB national board. He believes
>> deeply in the work of the Federation and in our training centers as an
>> expression of the Federation. In addition to a strong background in
>> Federation philosophy and action, he brings a great deal of leadership
>> experience to the position. He is currently working as manager of
>> youth services at Blind Industries and Services of Maryland.  Prior to
>> that, he directed the Wisconsin Center for the Blind, served as an
>> assistant director at the Colorado Center for the Blind, and held
>> various other leadership positions in his employment and in the
>> communities in which he lived.  He also worked for several years as a
>> cane travel instructor.
>> 
>> Dan will bring great enthusiasm and commitment to this work, and, of
>> course, I know we will all stand ready to welcome and help him. His
>> start date will be finalized soon.
>> 
>> Best,
>> Jennifer
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _______________________________________________
> blindkid mailing list
> blindkid at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindkid_nfbnet.org
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of blindkid Digest, Vol 116, Issue 11
> *****************************************





More information about the blindkid mailing list