[blindkid] Writing Essay and Reports

JanIce DeHart jandart2 at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 02:28:11 UTC 2013

Bo,
http://www.studymode.com/citation-generator/. This a link to a citation generator, which I believe tells you how to format Internet resources.  You didn't say what type of format is required for the paper...APA or MLA , both are used at the college level.  Her high school may not require that level of formatting.
In my experience as a TVI for high school students, I would say that the material should be brailled or made available through a screen reader such as JAWS.  A reader is another option and beginning In High school your TVI should provide instruction on how to use a reader.  I suspect that you will get better answers from some of the students on the list serve.  I believe the law states that braille users should be provided materials in braille and that includes research info.  Your district may say that having it available for a screen reader meets the spirit of the law.

Jan DeHart

Sent from my iPad