[blindkid] IEP questions

Wagner, Gail Katona Y wagner_g at aps.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:22:54 UTC 2013

I have read the other two responses and agree with both. The TVI or other sponsor teacher should have communicated with the classroom teacher about the IEP goals/accommodations etc. It is not the parent's responsibility to provide a copy of the IEP. I love the idea of meeting with the teacher, or the entire team, right at the beginning of the year to discuss things and to be proactive. And yes, donuts/coffee/cookies are always welcome!!! :)  As a TVI, I meet with my student's teachers in the beginning of each year to talk about, and provide in writing, important information. Yes, her current teacher and any therapists should be present and a part of the next IEP meeting.
Hang in there, and keep asking questions!
Gail Wagner, TBVI