[blindkid] To Sign or not To Sign

Chantel Alberhasky chantel at alberhaskylaw.com
Mon Feb 25 01:30:16 UTC 2013

I don't think one can equate a "special needs child" sign with a sign that informs the driver of the speed limit or a stop sign for that matter.  The latter is telling the driver s/he must do anything - stop, yield, not drive above a certain speed, etc - while the former is merely meant to alert the the driver.

I tried to do a little research on the Internet to determine the effectiveness of the signs and it appears that the use of said signs are discouraged because it gives a false sense of security to parents and there is no proven effectiveness of the signs. Traffic studies by FHA indicate the signs do not alter the behavior of drivers.  Chantel L. Alberhasky, Esq
419 Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65806
417.865.4444

The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri attorneys
to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a
secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or
by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it
goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our
communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing
your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to
either of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via
e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this
medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be
sent in a different fashion, please let me know AT ONCE.