[blindkid] Now IEPs

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:47:38 UTC 2013

Dear Trudy,
Again I can't speak for Heather, or anyone, but I of course understand the current and likely in our lifetimes need for IDEA, and IEP process and existence in general. and I think heather does too. That is not to say we do not wish or work for it to be out of date as no longer needed...or to fail to address the many  problems within that process, some of which seem inherent, and also to acknowledge that not a few have indeed had NO IEP whatsoever and that has been appropriate and best because there was no need...and some have chosen the 504 path. in my advocacy I never did find a case personally in practice where I recommended chuck the IEP because terrific advocacy and legal reinforcement was indeed required...but i do know of not a few blind adults who did not have or need such a thing. And wouldn't that be nice...and isn't that our Ultimate goal?
Crrie
Sent from my iPad