[blindkid] FW: Information Needed : California Vision Services

NFBMD nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 14:18:35 UTC 2013

Please respond directly to Sanjay Coudhary choudhary01 at gmail.com

Thanks for your help!

Sharon Maneki

All,

Our son Raghav Choudhary is 7th grade student who gets vision services in
regular school in Howard county, Maryland. He has some vision in his one eye
and he prefers to read large print(40 size fonts). His vision teacher
enlarges most of classroom work and we provide lot of support at home by
reading textbooks to him.He gets about 12 hours of services per week.

I got a job in San Jose area and debating relocation to Fremont school
district. I talked to few people in special education department in the
Fremont school district and did not get a good sense of available special
education services. We will really appreciate if we get the student/parents
perspective on special education services available in California. This will
help us make right decision.

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay Choudhary