[blindkid] Question: Braille Displays or Paper Braille for Increased Reading Speed?

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Jul 17 16:57:27 UTC 2013

I just asked my 10-year-old daughter-- she says tactile diagrams aren't  very useful to her, but I have seen some of the diagrams they produce for her at school. They are crude, sloppy things most of the time. I have made some better diagrams for her when producing a sort of "twin vision" charts for presentations of hers-- things she will show to the class, so she needs to be able to identify what the rest of the kids will observe visually. She says mine are a bit better than from school, but the reason is I spend a LOT of time making them-- too much time to be reasonable for casual graphics from day-to-day.

Again, I don't have a great solution to offer. Kendra does underscore that she wants the same charts and graphics available as the rest of the kids have though, and I agree. So again, a notetaker textbook solution would need some sort of embossed "tactile addendum" to accomplish that on any level.