[blindkid] Introduction from a new list member

Rita Barrett atirjoybear at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 17:39:38 UTC 2013

Welcome Lucy,

So happy to have someone just wanting to be asked a question!  My husband and I are raising our son Paul, he also has LCA with some very limited vision, &  who will be three in august.  He was attempting to ride a tricycle for the first time over the weekend and we would like to make riding bikes a frequent family outing.  Would you recommend a pull behind cart for riding on the roads?  We may be able to borrow one to try before we commit.  We live in a very small community that is very bike friendly although the traffic can get bad this time of year. Paul is fiercely independent and will hop out of his wagon in motion so he can push it his self, and was more interested in pushing the trike over the weekend then he was in attempting to learn how to power it with his feet using the pedals.  Any pointers or advice will be much appreciated :-)

Rita Bloxom