[blindkid] Medical ID bracelets/necklaces

Julie Yanez jyanez112 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 04:45:30 UTC 2013

Hello there listers. I'm looking into getting a medical alert bracelet for
my daughter and was told by a pharmacist that because her only major
medical issue is blindness from ROP, that it was not necessary. I was a bit
disturbed by that answer.
  I feel as is for some reason my girl is unable to respond or speak for
herself in an emergency, I would want a medic or Dr to know her eyes may
not be as responsive due to her condition. She also has VasoVagal(episodes
of passing out). So my question is, how many of you all have a medical ID
for being blind and has it been useful? (Both listers and parents)
-Julie