[blindkid] apps

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 15:20:26 UTC 2013

So check out the app ViA to look for good apps for blind and visually impaired users. Go to the app store search for ViA, it's a free download put out by the Braille Institute I believe. Very easy apps to find through categories, for parents, teachers, kids, low vision and even seniors.

A great one rated by AppleVis is Flesky, a typing one, it's free, we have not checked it out, I just downloaded it for my daughter, she will be thrilled, since dictation although great miss interprets a lot.

Enjoy,

Heidi