[blindkid] Why JAWS?

jim at riversedgehomes.com jim at riversedgehomes.com
Thu Mar 7 14:39:46 UTC 2013

Finally, from me anyway, one thing more suggestion.

Since the TVI feels that she must bargain with the administration to
purchase "competing" technology, I would request a Technology Assessment
immediately. It should be completed prior to Emilia's IEP meeting this
coming spring.  The Assessment will likely validate the suggestions on
this thread and strengthen your negotiating position regarding purchasing
needed technology.

Jim

> I absolutely agree with Jim's expression of "Grrrr," as it applies to the
> notion that cost should not be an issue in a blind kid getting their
> educational needs met
I also shouldn't know more about blind technology