[blindkid] For the love of reading..

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:26:09 UTC 2013

Very cool, Carrie. I think there is hardly anything funner than reading
Braille to little kids. I remember reading to some Kindergarteners once and
a little boy sitting on the front row, (they were all on the floor), started
getting very excited. He exclaimed, "she isn't looking at the book, how can
she read?" I realized that he couldn't imagine how I could read with my
fingers and be looking and smiling at all of them while reading. I stopped
reading and showed him the Braille that I was reading with my fingers. Very
fun times!