[blindkid] Chrome books & braille displays

Allison Hilliker AllisonH at benetech.org
Thu May 16 22:59:19 UTC 2013

Hi Holly,

Sorry for the late reply but I was doing research for you before answering. Unfortunately, Crome books do not yet work with Braille displays. They have a screen reader as you said, but no Braille support. Some Google products, like newer Android devices, do have Braille display support, but Crome books do not. I know that's got to be frustrating news for you and your son!

My friend's husband works for Google and I got this info from him. He knows about Braille displays and accessibility because his wife is blind and because he's worked on Google access projects before.

It's always annoying when schools adopt inaccessible or partially inaccessible technology. Best of luck to you and your son.

Allison