[blindkid] Talking Tying Teacher

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Wed May 22 06:23:08 UTC 2013

The three typing software programs that I am aware of are: Talking Typer
(APH)), American Printing House for the Blind, Talking Typing Teacher,
(Marbelsoft), and Fun with Typability, (Yes Accessible). The first two, in
my opinion, are not worth any money. Fun with Typability needs to be used
with JAWS and is very well done. I have had two students working on it in
the last three months and both have liked it a lot. They are motivated to
work on it in the evenings and weekends. Both are adults who have become
blind and both have had virtually no touch typing skills and barely any hunt
and peck skills. This is a small company but they were nice on the phone.
The cost for a single user license is $150. You can download a demo with 15
starts. If you don't have JAWS, it also works with the demo of JAWS.
Bonnie Lucas