[blindkid] Is there a Legal Mandate for the Expanded Core Curriculum?

Pat Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Sat Nov 2 17:02:10 UTC 2013

There is no federal special ed mandate regarding the Expanded Core
Curriculum, although it is possible your state education code could include
language regarding it. General ed teachers, who likely received only passing
training in special ed, if that, would likely have never heard of it.

While it is not legally mandated, I don't believe it is "icing" either, as
items on the list, whether one agrees with all of them or not, could assist
the IEP team in developing IEP goals, which would in turn give them legal
requirement.

Pat