[blindkid] Audio reading book for Library

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Nov 13 19:02:13 UTC 2013

Has he had a reading media assessment?  I believe in a combination of
listening and braille reading.  I am blind and I do both.  I think if
the other children in the classroom are reading for pleasure by
reading a print book then he should be reading a braille book.  If
spped is an issue, maybe he could be paired with another student and
they could do shared reading.  I do this with my students so they
learn how reading braille should and can flow like reading print.  It
is hard to make a blanket statement about when it should be braille
and print.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053